Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stake Trek 2009


Colten is home...and he had such a fantastic time. He took his own pictures and I will upload them once we get them developed and upload them to my computer! For now, these are the photos I took when John and I drove up. We went to help drive the youth, from our ward, home.

It was quite a sight! We purposely arrived early enough to (hopefully!) see them coming in. As you can tell from the pictures, we did just that! It was an amazing sight! I was trying, very hard, to find Colten. They all looked an awful-lot alike! We realized he was passing us! So, I scrambled to get some pictures...meanwhile, you need to understand, I see my son pulling a handcart--loaded down with a ton of stuff--with the help of another young man. He had a smile on his face and I had tears in my eyes.

His Ma and Pa had so many wonderful things to say about Colten! How he had been such a strength to their family. He was extremely positive, made everyone laugh--even when they felt like crying, and he really helped to keep everyone motivated to keep pushing forward! On their very first day, they started out after a nice big breakfast. They didn't get lunch that first day...and by later that afternoon it had started to rain. Soon after the rain, came the hail. They were wet, cold and covered with mud! They kept pushing forward--a total of 10 miles the first day. I have been told there are some great pictures of Colten pulling the handcart up "Rocky Ridge"--in the rain, hail, and mud! I was told he even paused to pose for the photo opportunity--that is our Colten! He has lots of great stories to tell. Maybe we will write more later! I love that boy! We sure are proud of him.

2 comments:

Brooke Moss said...

What a great kid you have! I cannot wait until my own kids go on treks. Soooooooo spiritual!

Brenda Janda said...

It was amazing. I have to admire him, I would have cried it it rained and hailed on us. It was tough. we did 15 the first day cause we had no rain. I can't explain my feelings but not one I will soon forget. Great job Coleton.