Friday, February 27, 2009

What A Month!


I suppose one would find it ironic that it is one month ago today, that I posted my last blog. What a month it has been. I have been putting this off for a couple of weeks now, but now that February is FINALLY almost over...may things will start to feel a little more like Spring!

On January 28th, I was driving to class and suddenly experienced a horrible pain in my chest. I truly thought it was another muscle that was sick and tired of me being on crutches! It was a very long night. The next morning I went to school, got things done there, and had a quick chat with our nurse to get her opinion. Her advice? Go to the urgent care. Well, I didn't have time for that. So, I went to Web MD...their advice?? Same! Seek medical attention. I still didn't have time for that. So, I proceeded to my meeting and dutifully and very uncomfortably sat through the whole thing. I then decided that maybe I should go get checked out. Well, to make a LONG story short...I ended up in the hospital with some crazy infection in the lining of my heart. It's fancy name is Paracarditis.

If that, alone, wasn't creating a complete upheaval in my life...one week later--early the morning of February 4th...MY Mom (Carol Louise Bancroft Albert Aguillon) died, very unexpectedly. Between my stupid foot, then more recently the even more ridiculous heart infection, I was certainly not prepared to have to deal with something like this.

Thanks to the help of an amazing friend (Thank you Cheri!) we were able to get every one packed, the oil changed in our van, my prescriptions filled and my hear monitor removed...and we were on the road by 1 pm that afternoon. We made a very, very long trip up to Spokane, Washington. It was something my Mom would have simply cherished! So many of my relatives were together to celebrate her life. She had her three children, our dads, her 11 grandchildren, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, and many, many other friends together! She loved those moments like no others!

I am so grateful for the love, support, thoughts, prayers, and many kind acts of service we have been blessed with by our amazing family and friends. Thank you simply doesn't seem to say enough.

I miss her! I miss her! I miss her so very much. I may not have been able to see her as often as we both would have liked...but, I cherished our phone conversations, emails, and text messages like you wouldn't believe. Those are the things I miss most of all. She loved so unconditionally. Her house was always so clean, her laundry done to perfection, and she was the ultimate in organization. She loved me and I loved her...I will miss her everyday--for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

Heather said...

i hope your march goes better than feb. see you in may! smoochies

Brooke Moss said...

Oh my gosh, Bekki, I miss you guys so much. The few days we all had together...crying, eating, talking, laughing....they were golden to me. It sounds weird to say, but I miss my Aunt Carol so much it hurts. I cant even begin to imagine what it must feel like for you guys. Unfortunately, I cant move to Arizona...unless we can find a phenomenal job in the pharmecutical industry for Monte there. Plus, right now, I think I have deemed myself Rachaels watchdog right now. But I want you to know that despite the miles, despite how much time passes between visits, I love you all so very much, and I think that the way we all reconnected over your moms' funeral weekend would have pleased her to no end. And it makes me happy to think about pleasing Carol!

Brenda Janda said...

You are an amazing example to so many people with such a strength. Thanks for letting me be your friend. Sorry you have had to go through so much. You have and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you.