Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Garden...





Ok...I have tried, repeatedly, to grow a garden. I either start to late, forget to water it...or both! Needless to say...I have never found success. Last year was the closest I have come. Last year we purchased two tomato plants from Costco (LOVE that store!). The Cherry Tomatoes grew like crazy...it was like candy to our family. The larger tomatoes were, as usual, done too late into the season and were literally baking before they could ripen.

So, this year we tried a new approach! We started several different vegetables from seed and planted 5 tomato plants. We planted them in planters built up off the back patio...John put in a great drip system...I turned to my sister Marian for some last minute advice and ideas ( a HUGE THANK YOU to her!!!)...and voila! WE HAVE A GARDEN!!! I am so excited to eat things from our garden I can hardly stand it! So here are some pictures of when it was first planted at the end of February and then some I took just a week or so ago!