Thursday, April 29, 2010

Christmas 2010


So, this obviously shows exactly how far behind I am with life in general! Here it is almost May of 2010 and I am just now getting around to writing about our amazing Christmas Vacation! My brother Gabriel, my sister Rachael and I decided that since it would be our first Christmas without Mom being around to share it with...that it was only appropriate that we all spent Christmas together. It was something she had wanted us to do for a LONG time...and sadly, there were always an endless supply of "excuses" why we couldn't seem to make it happen. So, although she wasn't able to be with us in person...there is no doubt she was with us and enjoying the FIRST time she had all of her children and grandchildren together for Christmas!

It was a vacation we will never forget! We had such a wonderful time. We played in the snow, went to the movies (taking up more than two rows I must add), went out to dinner (that alone was a memory not easily forgotten! Imagine...19 of us--11 of them children ranging from 15-4!), went sledding, went snowboarding, played games, had Nerf gun wars, played more games, watched football, ate sooooo much great food, had an allergic reaction to peanuts, and I lost count of how many people came down with the flu! However, we had the time of our lives...and look forward to the time we can all be together again!

1 comment:

Brooke Moss said...

I just watched your xmas pics, and had a teary "I miss Aunt Carol" moment.... I love that you guys all spent the holiday together, i think it was a perfect end to an unforgettably long year for all of you.