Friday, December 11, 2009

Where does the time go???







I absolutely love this time of year...I simply wish, on occasion, I could figure out a way to slow down and enjoy it! My life is so busy...but, I really don't think I would know what to do if it were any different. I work full time. My husband is a full time student...finishing up his degree. We are the parents of 5 very busy children, ranging in age from 5-15. We have sports, Scouts, Young Women and Young Men, etc., etc., etc. If for some reason that isn't enough...I may be going back to school.

I love my children...I cannot believe we have gone through another round of birthdays and now they are all a year older. Riggs is now 7 and Colten is 15! I cannot believe I have a 15 year old son!! However, I couldn't ask for finer children. Each of them are so unique and I cannot imagine my life without them. They add so many smiles and laughs to my days!

I love my husband...he is my best friend. We have so much fun together. He is so patient with me...for the most part! :) As all of my sisters can agree...we aren't always the easiest women to live with. Our husbands truly love us unconditionally...sorry Marian, Rachael, and Meghan...but, you know it is true!!

I always LOVED being a "stay at home" Mom. It was one of my greatest treasures! I loved being home with my kids. Not all Moms enjoy it...some can't handle it and feel they are a better Mom to their children when they have a job that gets them away. Regardless, I miss it! However, if I needed to go to work...I couldn't have found a greater organization to become a part of! I love my job! I couldn't work with a finer group of people. I am so very grateful for my job. I am grateful that I can go to work and still spend the day with my kids. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to impact the lives of children.

Are there things that I wish I could change? Absolutely! However, through my own experiences I have learned that it doesn't always matter what I want. Some things are just the way they are. All I can do is try to do the best with the hand I am dealt. I miss my mom. I miss my son and wonder how different my life could possibly be had he not died. I wish I had family that lived closer. The list could go on and on...but, there are so very many things I have to be grateful for. Life is to short to be constantly worn down with a negative attitude...no matter how bad the situation may look that one finds themselves in...there is always something to be grateful for! ALWAYS!

1 comment:

Brenda Janda said...

WOW!!! Thanks for sharing. You worded it all amazingly and I am so grateful you are my friend!!!
Hugs