Thursday, August 13, 2009

I can't believe my baby is 5!


Today is Gage's 5th Birthday! I cannot hardly believe my sweet boy is already 5. It is even more amazing that 5 years ago today, was one of the longest and scariest days of my life. We were living in Rexburg, Idaho. We had a normal day...busy, busy, busy. That night John and Ron had a softball game...I very uncomfortably sat through it with my Sister-in-law Karen. We never went to bed...ended up in labor at the hospital. Gage was born in the middle of the night and was life-flighted out to Primary Children's Hospital, shortly there after. The Doctors wouldn't let me fly with him, as I had just delivered...so John flew with Gage. John's amazing brother, Ron, then drove me to Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son. What an experience it was! Needless to say, within days he had made a miraculous recovery that had astounded many people. There was no doubt we were truly being blessed...and Gage has continued to bless our lives ever since!

Gage started kindergarten this year. He is so excited! He is excited to go to bed...just so he can get up to go to school. (I am rather certain that will wear off soon enough!) He loves his teacher--Mrs. Cenzano...and she is amazing! By far, one of the best. I love this little boy so very much! He loves to cook. He loves to clean. He loves to draw and learn. He wants to be a big boy and do all the things his big brothers can do...he loves his sister, because she is the only one patient enough to do all the things with him. He loves to cuddle with his mom...and nothing makes me happier. I cannot begin to imagine our lives without him!

Happy Birthday Gage!

1 comment:

Chelsea Albert said...

He is 5 already? What a big boy! :D Love that sweet guy and glad he is old enough to remember me when we see you guys!