Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Caden's 8th Birthday!

What a weekend! This time of year is one I never look forward to each year. Sunday, January 18th, 2009 was Caden's 8th Birthday. It is so hard for me to believe that my sweet baby would have been 8 years old already. On the one hand, time has flown so quickly and I often wonder where the years have gone...on the other hand it often feels like a life-time ago that I held that baby in my arms. I miss him. For years I wished that I could go back and somehow change the course of events over those couple of days...hoping for a different outcome. However, I have since realized that a major change of the past would come a price. A price I don't think I could be willing to pay. Had Caden not died, I am rather certain we wouldn't have been blessed with Riggs and Gage. For all of you that know them, I think you would each agree, that none of our lives would be the same without them. So, each year as his birthday approaches...and I get a little sad, I try to think about the gifts I have been blessed with because of my son Caden John.

1 comment:

Chelsea Albert said...

Happy Birthday sweet Caden!! And you are right! Life is so very wonderful with Riggsy and Gage! Love you!